Why Take Them Out Your Wisdom Teeth?
Wisdom teeth are the third set of molars in your mouth. They usually come in between the age of 16 and 25, and the Same Day Emergency Dentist can spot them with the help of scanning and X-rays. Here are some reasons you can consider removing them:
Impacted teeth: because they’re so far back to your mouth, Wisdom Teeth do not erupt normally, and they may get trapped in between your jaw bones or gums, which is painful sometimes.
If wisdom teeth come at the wrong angle: They may press your teeth and surrounding space.
Your mouth isn’t big enough: If your jaw has no room for an extra set of molars, then you should immediately visit Dental Emergency.
You have cavities or gum disease: Your brush may not be able to reach your wisdom teeth; this may lead to tooth cavities and gum decay.
During your first appointment, your dentist will talk about the whole procedure, and post-care also, you should ask a few questions to Dental Emergency Clinic:
- You can tell your dentist about any health problems you have.
- List of drugs you take regularly.
- Ask a query about your surgical procedure.
- Discuss what type of anesthesia they’ll prefer during your treatment. You can either numb or asleep during your surgery.
Here are the following guidelines for teens and young adults to prepare for surgery:
- It would be best if you did not eat or drink after midnight before your surgery. This is just for your safety. This will subsides your anesthesia effect; with your full stomach administrating, anesthesia results in regurgitation and subsequent obstruction of your airway. This is a severe issue.
- You should answer honestly about the over-the-counter and prescribed medications you may take. This can help dentists in avoiding unpleasant and unsafe reactions to anesthesia.
- Be honest about intake of any drug and alcohol. Because a body that takes alcohol and drugs regularly will have various complications, you should tell Dental Emergency clinic Houston in advance.
- You should not smoke 12 hours before your surgery.
- You should ready your room for rest or recovery in the next few days. Because you will rest for a few days, make the most of it.
- Stock up on the right soft food to eat when you return home. Your dentist suggests ice cream, smoothies, mashed potatoes, and other soft and easy-eatable foods.
- You should wear comfortable, loose and comfortable clothing, including sweat pants and t-shirts.
- Young girls should pull or tie their hair back and remove nail polish or any jewelry; and You are beautiful just the way you are!
- You should bring someone to the surgery appointment because you can’t drive home! Your parent or any guardian can stay at the dentist’s office for the duration of your procedure.
- And finally, when your surgical team assists you from the waiting room, you should turn off your phone.
You should immediately visit your dentist for treatment Wisdom Teeth Extraction Near Me or if you find any pain or swelling around your teeth.
stay in touch
To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.
- February 2023 (5)
- January 2023 (26)
- December 2022 (11)
- November 2022 (12)
- October 2022 (11)
- September 2022 (11)
- August 2022 (14)
- July 2022 (13)
- June 2022 (19)
- May 2022 (17)
- April 2022 (10)
- March 2022 (12)
- February 2022 (8)
- January 2022 (9)
- December 2021 (19)
- November 2021 (4)
- October 2021 (6)
- September 2021 (4)
- August 2021 (4)
- July 2021 (10)
- June 2021 (6)
- May 2021 (2)
- April 2021 (2)
- March 2021 (45)
- August 2020 (31)
- July 2020 (30)
- June 2020 (29)