How Do Wisdom Teeth Infections Occur?
You require care from Emergency Dentist Near Me if you have an infection in your wisdom tooth. However, not every discomfort is due to tooth infection. You did not gore the Tooth Infection Symptoms, or it may turn into something more severe. Because they are more challenging to clean, wisdom teeth may become infected. Between the tooth and the gums, food and germs can become lodged.
When brushing and flossing, it can be simple to overlook the area between your wisdom teeth and the rear of your mouth. It’s possible that impacted wisdom teeth won’t emerge properly from your gums. It could only partially show itself, grow at an angle, or grow entirely sideways. A partially impacted wisdom tooth is more likely to become infected, and this is because degradation is more prone to occur due to its form and angle.
When an excessive amount of bacteria penetrates the outer, tough layer of enamel, it causes a cavity or tooth infection. Various microorganisms can bring on an impacted wisdom tooth infection. In rare instances, the infection may extend to the head and mouth.
What are the significant symptoms of a wisdom tooth infection?
Here are some signs of wisdom tooth infection:
- Pain in the jaw or side of the face
- Pain in or around a tooth
- Bad breath
- Redness or swelling of the gums around the tooth
- Difficulty chewing
- Difficulty in opening the mouth
- Swollen lymph gland
Treatment for wisdom tooth infection?
The source and severity of the Wisdom Tooth Infection play a role in the optimal course of treatment for a wisdom tooth infection.
But typically, treatment entails:
- Complete cleaning of the afflicted wisdom tooth, as well as the teeth and gums around it
- using antibiotics for tooth infection and to treat the infection’s underlying cause
- antiseptic mouthwash
The treatment mentioned above will help control the infection. However, it is still likely that the wisdom tooth will need removal, which will lessen the risk of new disease and tissue damage.
What are the home remedies to treat wisdom teeth infections?
You cannot treat a wisdom tooth infection with home treatments. However, several straightforward remedies could provide you with momentary solace from the agony and anguish. Try these treatments if you have to wait to visit a 24-Hour Dentist Near Me.
- Wash with salt water. Add salt to warm or cold water before drinking. Spit it out after giving it a couple of quick swirls in your mouth. The salt helps to slow down some of the germs temporarily.
- Peroxygenated water. Mix drinking water with hydrogen peroxide in a 1:1 ratio, and use this mixture as a mouthwash. Due to its antibacterial properties, hydrogen peroxide will aid in the removal of some surface germs surrounding the infection.
- Ice compress. Over the diseased area on the outside of your cheek, apply an ice pack or a cold cloth compress. To reduce swelling and inflammation, use the cold.
- Spice oil. You can find natural antibacterial oils in cloves. Apply clove oil straight on your wisdom tooth with a cotton swab. Repeat a few times to reduce pain and swelling.
The above article tells us about wisdom tooth infections and highlights the symptoms and treatment of wisdom tooth infections. For more informative updates, please visit emergencydentistinhouston.com.
stay in touch
To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.
- February 2023 (21)
- January 2023 (26)
- December 2022 (11)
- November 2022 (12)
- October 2022 (11)
- September 2022 (11)
- August 2022 (14)
- July 2022 (13)
- June 2022 (19)
- May 2022 (17)
- April 2022 (10)
- March 2022 (12)
- February 2022 (8)
- January 2022 (9)
- December 2021 (19)
- November 2021 (4)
- October 2021 (6)
- September 2021 (4)
- August 2021 (4)
- July 2021 (10)
- June 2021 (6)
- May 2021 (2)
- April 2021 (2)
- March 2021 (45)
- August 2020 (31)
- July 2020 (30)
- June 2020 (29)